Tuesday, October 20, 2009

whew...road trips and more road trips

So last week was quite an adventure! I had to be in NYC for work Monday through Wednesday so we decided to make a long weekend out of it and head to NJ to visit Tom's parents and let them watch the young one while we were in the city. We left Friday night, drove half way and then arrived in NJ around 3 on Saturday. Maddie did really good in the car on the way up....thank god. We spent Sunday with the entire Sierant / Tchorzewski clan which included a big meal, shooting rifles, and plenty of desserts. The best part was Joe and Amy announcing their engagement!

Amy and Joe getting some Maddie lovin'

Getting some time in with Grandma


Monday Tom and I packed up and headed to the city leaving Maddie in Blairstown. Linda couldn't get us out of the door fast enough! She and Maddie had a blast and I am so glad they got to spend some quality time together. Luckily, I was so busy working I hardly had time to miss her! But by the time my meeting was over Wednesday I was making a mad dash for Jersey. Our GPS took a crap on the way out of the city and I swear I think we went around the same block 6 times. I was about to lose my mind. I think poor Tom considered jumping out of the car and taking his chances on the streets of NY rather than staying trapped in there with me! But we finally made it through the Lincoln Tunnel and back to NJ....only to pack up and head back to NC shortly after. The ride home was HORRENDUS! It took forever and Maddie made it clear that she did NOT want to be in the car any longer. I spent a lot of time in the back seat singing "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands." Let's just say Maddie was not doing a whole lot of clapping. But we all made it back in one piece and it was a trip for the memory books!

Cruisin' on the Hudson (a little chilly)

Tom tried to find an intern to have an affair with at the Late Show...but they were all taken.


Opening Day at Rockafellar Center Ice Skating Rink

Stopped by the Today Show to say hello to Al and Meredith..


Passed through Columbus Circle on our trip to 68th Street to find Kelly Ripa...we never saw her.

Oh oh I almost forgot...we capped off the week by spending the weekend in Myrtle Beach for Roy's 30th Birthday! It was fun but the Sierant Family is officially done with traveling for awhile...

No comments:

Post a Comment