Friday, October 2, 2009

here we go...again

Ok, I've tried the whole "blog" thing over and over again. (Three times to be exact) But for the first time, I actually feel like I have something to blog about. So here we go again. This is my attempt at sharing with the world the good, the bad, and the ugly. (Mostly good, but the others sneak in occasionally. I feel obligated to share with everything that has been going on in our world for the past 6 months. The best 6 months on record! That's right, the Young One (aka Madeline, aka Maddie, aka Madster - yes, she will have difficulty learning her name because she has too many) has really turned the house upside down in the best possible way. This will be my attempt at describing how to juggle Young One, Tom, K-9’s, work, some semblance of a social life, exercise, and whatever else is thrown my way.

The past 6 months have been wonderful, but at the same time they have been wonderfully stressful. They never tell you how hard it is to juggle babies, housework, husbands, jobs etc. ("they" being those mommies who've done it all so well that you never even think that they might struggle with day to day tasks) Fitting it all in is not the problem. There are plenty of hours in the day to get most things done. The problem is finding the motivation! Who wants to go to work, or the gym, or do laundry when there is the cutest little young one sitting there with her big blue eyes waiting for you to come sit on the floor with her and just "play." And the guilt that comes along with it! Guilt for choosing the gym over the young one, guilt for choosing WORK over the young one, guilt for even going to the grocery store after work instead of racing home to see the young one! It's enough to drive a girl crazy! I have almost come to tears just sitting in the hair salon waiting for a haircut. My last appointment was after work at 4 pm. The stylist didn't take me until 4:45, which is pretty much par for the course for her. But during the entire 45 minutes I was thinking: “ok, this is 5 minutes I don't get to spend with Maddie tonight; ok now its 20 minutes I don't get to spend with Maddie tonight. Ok, if she takes me now, I will still have 45 minutes to spend with Maddie when I get home before she goes to bed” At 4:40 I was about to run to the door, get in the car and just leave! Luckily, she took me back just before the chest pounding panic attack set in and I was fine. But another 30 seconds or so and I would have been a blur. Some people are addicted to drugs, alcohol, chocolate….but not me. I am addicted to my Young One! The first step is admitting you have a problem….there, I said it. I am 100% addicted to that little Terd Monkey (oops there’s another nickname).

I wish I could say it gets easier every day, but it’s actually the opposite. I just want to soak up every possible minute with her. She is growing up entirely too fast. Thank goodness the Young One has the best dad out there who can handle all of my craziness and obsession (and my grueling work schedule). Not sure what we would do without him.

So here it is. My Life, out there for the world to see. I will try to keep the blogs short and sweet. And will fill the pages with pictures to document my adventure. My goal: blog twice a week. Someone is going to have to call me out on this if I don't stick to it.
You might think I’m nuts (and you wouldn’t be incorrect) and you might not care what I have to say about what goes on in mine, Tom’s, and Maddie’s worlds. If that’s the case …move on to the next blog. I at least know there are 2 Grandma’s out there tuning, even if it’s only to look at the pictures!

How do you say no to this sweet face?!

No comments:

Post a Comment