Tuesday, November 3, 2009

changes....changes

The word of the week is "changes." Good changes, bad changes, all kinds of changes! Not even sure where to start. The biggest news would have to be my new job. Yep. After months and months of searching I have finally found something that will keep me in Greenville full time. Thank goodness! The timing also could not have been better. After days of speculation, rumors, and coded emails-we finally were told on Thursday that the Aflac East Territory Office in Greenville would be "dissolved" as of December 31. So basically, the same day I was offered my new job, my old job disappeared. Its not quite as scary as it sounds. Aflac really takes care of its people and I would have gotten to work the remainder of the year, and then get a 6 month lump sum severance package mid-January. But, I am absolutely thankful to have my new job. It will be a fresh start and a place where I can grow and have a more autonomy.

As of November 15, I will be the Director of General Occupation Extension Programs at Pitt Community College. Other than being the world's longest job title, I think it will be a good fit. I will be overseeing the Bernstein Center and the Intergenerational Center as wells overseeing Occupational Extension classes for the Continuing Education Department. I'll hopefully get to do some teaching as well. I am going to miss Aflac and my co-workers, but its time for me to move up and move on! (A little bummed that the Jackson Hole trip scheduled for March is off...but maybe Tom and I will make it out there one day without Aflac!)

Maddie had her first Halloween this weekend too! It was very laid back, but fun. Kiki and Big Daddy (aka Mom and Mike) came over for dinner and to help with the trick-or-treaters and to see the Madster in her Princess Leia costume. The costume was a hit. Still cracks me up to look at pictures. I just get the sense that she likes dressing up! I don't know if it’s the attention she gets, or what but whenever she has on a dress or costume other than the norm she is extra smiley (her baptism dress elicited the same response)





Other than the events that transpired last week regarding my job situation, things have been somewhat slow. We have no travel plans until December, which is NICE! I guess its time to start Christmas shopping...well at least after I find some new work clothes! Other than my Aflac travel, I have not had to dress up for work since before Maddie was born. I'm not going to know what to do when I have to "suit" up week after next!


Oh..and pray for Tom! He has what seems to be the Swine Flu/H1N1/General CRUD! He is heading to the doctor this afternoon so I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment